Must Watch: OFW ID To Replace OEC Starting July 12, 2017
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is launching today the identification card for millions of overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III said the iDOLE, or the DOLE’s identification card for OFWs, is set to be launched in a simple ceremony in Malacañang this morning.
DOLE Secretary Silvestre Bello III said at a briefing in Malacañang, “In Aguinaldo Room, 12th of July before the President, we will launch the Idole Overseas Filipino Identification.” He said the new ID — called the ID of the Department of Labor and Employment or iDOLE — could also be used for governmental benefit programs such as Social Security System, Pag-IBIG Fund, and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation transactions.
Bello said they are working on ways to allow the use of the ID as passport. “And maybe given another six months, we are trying to adopt a system that this iDOLE can serve as their passport,” he said.
The government will be printing at least four million IDs to cover both active and inactive OFWs. Bello said inactive OFWs just need to submit an old record of employment abroad in applying for iDOLE.
“We have to prepare at least four million ID cards to cover even those not working abroad anymore because when you become an OFW, you become an OFW permanently,” he explained.
How to Get OFW ID Card
1. Go to the main office of DOLE or regional office near you. For directory of regional and field offices of Department of Labor and Employment, please visit this link: https://www.dole.gov.ph/pages/view/22
2. Prepare primary or secondary identification materials for further confirmation of identification legitimacy.
IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended to be physically present when applying for your IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID) as the new ID is not yet available for online processing and verification procedures.
3. Approach to the person in-charge in the regional office and ask for the processing.
4. Present your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) if necessary. This proves that it is the first time for you to apply for your IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID) and this also avoids redundancies in the whole process.
5. Wait for the verification process wherein the officer will check for your name in the official roster of the official OFWs.
6. If verification was successful, official processing of your new iDOLE OFW ID together with your unique OFW ID number will be initiated.
7. Wait for the processing to be finished and you will be given your new IDOLE Overseas Filipino Identification (iDOLE OFW ID).